Digipak with three panels, full color.
Signed by the artist.
Includes immediate download of 10-track album in your choice of high-quality MP3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire.
Immediate download of 10-track album in your choice of high-quality MP3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire.
Along the Road is the debut album of the Portuguese jazz singer Maria Mendes.
The inventive sound of this album is driven by Maria's tender and unique singing together with the truly moving sound of Wim Dijkgraaf's harmonica.
The Portuguese singer Maria Mendes, based in The Netherlands since 2007 and runner-up of the famous Montreux Jazz Festival Vocal competition sings melancholic and romantic stories combined with a passion for jazz and improvisation.
The band members represent the best in the Dutch jazz scene. Their sensitive approach towards her music makes this album a strong and fresh sound in the European and American jazz world.
released 05 June 2012
Wim Dijkgraaf: harmonica
Karel Boehlee: piano
Clemens van der Feen: accoustic bass
Jasper van Hulten: drums
- Recorded at Fattoria Musica Recording Studios in Osnabrück, Germany, August 31 and September 1-2, 2011
Sound engineer: Chris Weeda
- Recorded at Sandlane Recording Facilities in Rijen, The Netherlands, December 3, 2011
Sound engineer: Ruben Montes
- Mixed at Zensa Lodge, South Africa by Chris Weeda and Hein van de Geyn
- Mastered at QPoint Digital Audio in Hilversum, The Netherlands by Peter Brussee and Chris Weeda
- Produced by Maria Mendes and Wim Dijkgraaf with great assistance by all those listed above.
Executive producer: Maria Mendes
All arrangements by Maria Mendes except Obsession and So Many Stars by Karel Boehlee
Portuguese lyrics by Maria Mendes on Saia Preta and Olha Só no Meu Olhar
Saia Preta co-written by Maria Mendes, Wim Dijkgraaf and Alexander van Popta
Photography by David Dinis and Joel Bessa
Assistant: Maria Clara Henriques
MUA: Marisa Anunciação
Styling: Joana Campos Silva
Production: Liliana Carvalho
Art direction and design: André Coelho
all rights reserved
feeds for ,